CASE STUDY TWO
About the client
A FTSE global retail organisation with many household brands. The business operates at a rapid pace and is high volume and multi transactional. The very nature of the business demands an extensive use of and heavy reliance upon technology.
Project challenges and goals
- Our client utilised our deep expertise and support within their Cyber security function focusing on all governance and risk activities.
- Cyberbase were engaged by the Executive team to deliver Cybersec governance collateral and to support the risk management function. The existing security policies also required a full refresh to align them with new business operations.
What was delivered
- Cyberbase consultants ensured the security governance for the organisation was delivered over a six-month period while new staff were onboarded to take on the support required.
- During this time the Cyberbase project team ran the cyber security boards and delivered the Terms of Reference for each session and:
- Supervised further development of the cyber security governance framework.
- Reviewed the new security policies to confirm they were aligned to the security framework and business requirements.
- Co-ordinated the reporting of cyber security performance, risks, and issues across the business.
- Developed a risk assessment and management process for use in various scenarios including projects.
- Cyberbase successfully operated the governance and risk function during a period of change and delivered significant improvements to the service.
- At the end of the engagement the incoming team were supported and trained to ensure a seamless handover.